Tuition and Fees
Application Fee 2016/2017 Season: $75 for all ensembles
The application fee for all auditioning students is due before scheduling the student’s audition.
The application fee is only refundable if a student is not placed in an ensemble. Only in cases of extreme financial hardship will the application fee be waived upon submission of a financial aid application before the student’s audition.
Registration, Program and Concert Fees, and Tuition for the 2016/2017 Season
The tuition and fees listed below are for the entire year.
ISO Symphony: $250 Registration and *$500 Program and Concert Fee (this ensemble remains tuition-free to recognize merit based musical achievement)
Carnegie Hill Orchestra: $1,300 Tuition and *$500 Program and Concert Fee
Parents will be billed once auditions are completed. The bill will include several payment options and information about applying for financial aid.
Families with more than one student in an ISO ensemble receive a $300 discount on 2016-17 tuition and fees for each additional child enrolled in ISO.
*A Program and Concert Fee has been added for the 2016-2017 season to reflect escalating costs of rehearsal space, performance venues and personnel.
January 17| Financial Aid Application deadline for recently-enrolled students
January 27 | Deadline for the receipt of full tuition and fees, or choice of a payment plan.
Tuition and fees include:
- Weekly rehearsals, September through mid-May with ISO’s conductors and coaches
- Day-long retreats with full and sectional rehearsals and social activities
- Music for all performances
- Participation in concerts at Symphony Space and Carnegie Hall, plus community and school concerts
- Free access to recordings of concerts at Symphony Space and Carnegie Hall
- Free workshops and seminars as noted in the schedule
- Opportunity to perform a concerto selection with ISO Symphony or Concert Orchestra at Carnegie Hall and in the Honors Recital (for Symphony and Concert Orchestra members)
- Subscription to semi-monthly e-newsletter, Subito, with ISO news along with free/discounted concert offers and scholarship opportunities