Contribute – Matching Gifts – Donate Stocks – Donate Instruments – Bequests – Volunteer – Donate through Amazon.com
ISO students need your help!
YOUR SUPPORT MAKES THIS WORK POSSIBLE
- Over 350 musicians ages 6-19 play in ISO’s 8 ensembles
- Over 52% of ISO players receive financial aid or scholarship
- All five boroughs are represented in ISO’s ensembles
- ISO students come from over 163 different schools including 98 public/charter and 65 independent/parochial schools
- Over 60% of ISO’s players come from public or charter schools
- Tuition and fees account for only 38% of ISO’s budgeted income
- In 2015-16, ISO Ensembles performed 18 concerts heard by nearly 10,000 attendeesYou can make a donation online. You can also mail a check to ISO at 121 West 27th Street, Suite 902, New York, NY 10001, or call us at (212) 410-0370.
Many employers have generous matching grant programs. Please check with your employer to find out whether your gift to ISO is eligible for a match.
Donations of string, woodwind, brass, and percussion instruments in good condition are welcome and tax deductible. These instruments are used by students who cannot afford to buy their own and for students wishing to learn one of the “endangered instruments” (viola, contrabass, oboe, bassoon, and French horn). We are also in particular need of a harp and a set of timpani. Please call us at (212) 410-0370 to donate an instrument.
You can help guarantee ISO’s future by making a gift through your will. You will want to discuss your intentions with your family, as well as your financial advisers. Unrestricted funds create the greatest benefit to ISO, but if you have a particular aspect of our programs you would like to support, please contact the Executive Director at (212) 410-0370.
In making a bequest, please spell out “InterSchool Orchestras of New York” to avoid confusion with other organizations also using “ISO.” Specifying the address will provide additional clarity.
When you remember ISO in your will, you will help make it possible for current and future New York City school children to experience the joy of making music together.
Donating appreciated securities can be beneficial tax-wise. For information on transferring shares of publicly traded securities, see Stock Transfer Information.
Parents and other volunteers support ISO ensembles in a variety of ways, including providing snacks at rehearsals, running a telephone tree, organizing social functions, or helping with fundraising and concerts. If you would like to serve as a volunteer, please contact ISO.
Donate through Amazon.com
After using the link below, a percentage of your purchase will help ISO continue to provide music programs for the children of New York City. Please share with friends and family, even on Facebook! This program has no impact on your purchase price at Amazon. Please bookmark the link or this page.