ISO is Happy to Announce Our Annual Playathon!
On March 10th InterSchool Orchestras will host a fundraising Playathon featuring all four
In addition to being a fun showcase of our ensembles complete with bake sale
and raffle, the Playathon is a chance for student groups to come together and raise $40,000
needed for InterSchool Orchestra’s scholarship and financial aid programs.
We’re asking the whole ISO student and parent community to help us reach our goal.
Over 80% of ISO’s 270 musicians receive some form of scholarship or financial aid. Nearly
$200,000 of aid is awarded each year to ensure every young musician has access to quality
ensemble training and performance opportunities.
How it works:
- Students ask friends and family to sponsor their performance on March 10th, and direct
all pledges and donations to the online Playathon site:
- Each ensemble has their own team page. Donors select which team they are sponsoring,
write the student name in the comment field, and teams compete for prizes and pizza.
- We’re aiming for 100% participation, and if every student raises $270, we will reach our
Join us on March 10th for a bake sale, raffle, and performances by all four ISO ensembles.
Admission is free, invite family and friends!
Day of Information:
The Playathon will be held at Roulette Intermedium (509 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217).
The order and times of performances will be:
- 2:00pm - Morningside Orchestra
- 3:00pm - Carnegie Hill
- 4:00pm - Concert Orchestra
- 5:00pm - ISO Symphony
Dress Code: Casual however, NO sweatpants, sweatshirts, or pajamas.
Thank you for your support!